Pukehou School believes learning should be fun and interactive. Pukehou students are encouraged to be curious, imaginative and creative.
To help students reach their full potential, Pukehou School will:
- Provide an excellent education in a happy and stimulating learning environment.
- Encourage kindness, integrity and respect of individual and community values.
- Develop active, healthy children and give them freedom to explore.
- Care for the environment in all we do.
Who We Are
Pukehou School is a tranquil rural school situated on State Highway 2, fifteen minutes south of Hastings and fifteen minutes north of Waipukurau. With approximately 95 pupils ranging in age from 5 to 13 years and with such good accessible routes, it makes Pukehou an attractive place for your child’s education in Central Hawke’ Bay.
Pukehou School is proud to be an Enviroschool.
The school is headed up by School Principal Chris Birch with Deputy Principal Rachael Strong, accompanied by three other full time teachers, a Reading Recovery Teacher and one full time office administrator along with two teacher aides.
- Ngati Whai Festival mrdweb 2016-12-01T22:58:14+00:00
Ngati Whai Festival
- Kahû Class Camp mrdweb 2016-12-08T02:00:57+00:00
Kahû Class Camp
- School Athletics Day mrdweb 2016-12-01T04:15:38+00:00
School Athletics Day
Pukehou Whanau and Friends (PWF)
Pukehou Whanau and Friends (PWF) encompass all school families, teachers & staff of Pukehou School and people of the Pukehou community that want to contribute to the welfare of Pukehou School.
Week 1 Term 1
It was great to welcome all our tamariki back to school this term. We have missed their smiling faces, and they have all settled quickly back into school.